Saturday 11 June 2011

Watchin the tide roll away...


Ashrams are pretty cool--ashrams are places of spiritual hermitage. People go to stay and practice religion or yoga or meditation or basically whatever they are focusing on for the time.

Along with a gaggle of other tourists I walked silently through the beautiful gardens, shaded by giant trees. I stopped for some time and meditated with the group of people sitting on the ground. It was wonderfully peaceful and energizing. Quite a contrast from the bustle of the city streets. I wonder if the awareness that many people have for internal balance and the discipline that many people have for meditation plays any role in they way they are un-phased with the lightning fast pace of city life? Could be making a huge generalization here...perhaps worth considering though.

I definitely hope to learn more about some of the philosophy and practices of the ashram communities. I mean, sure I do yoga here and there at home and meditate off and on. But to really be committed to being healthy in the mind and spirit and making time to balance out life...wow that could be pretty powerful.

A good place to start was taking some quite time on the beach...just wastin time...



1 comment:

  1. Dude - you totally copied my feet pic angle :) Just kidding - this is nice.

    ReplyDelete