Thursday 9 June 2011

Expressions

One thing I haven't seen a lot of (probably because I've been looking in the wrong places or maybe even because I've just been looking for the wrong types) is art. Like the kind someone would put on a canvas. I feel like most places I've traveled in Europe and Africa displayed all types of drawings and paintings in the markets and on the streets...hmm.

But we're at a good place to start figuring some of this out. We have some of the basics down and I have navigated my most important cultural institution, food (and will happily continue to do so every day). It's time to explore some more traditional (and non-traditional!) forms of cultural expression....

In the meantime I've found a few interesting things about contemporary Indian art:


No comments:

Post a Comment