Monday 4 July 2011

4th of July, India style






Hope yous guys at home are enjoying some grilled corn, watermelon, veggie burgers, etc.

Sonia and I perused a few markets and pulled together some Pringles, sour cream and onion Lays, Oreos and Coke. And, some veggies and spices for some guac, make by Leslie, who, I must say, is a guac expert. Also, with Ravi's help, we has some fireworks too! It was quite the show; all of us students and ICTPH staffers were definitely impressed.

As much as it's been exciting to attempt to try to do all things Indian, enjoying some comforts from home was really nice. Also sort of fun: reflecting on how the opportunities I've had, as a result of my nationality, enable me to do some really cool stuff. Like come here. And how maybe, hopefully, this will help me to be a part of a larger effort to help make opportunities accessible to people from St. Louis to Thanjavur...you know, social justice, and all that social work-y stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment